Revcord has implemented a password policy in version 11.3.1. Below are the highlights of this feature Implementation:
When choosing password users needs to consider the following:
- Password should be at-least 8 characters.
- Must contain a number.
- At-least one capital letter.
- Must contain at least one special character.
- New password should not match any of the last 5 passwords.
- Automated lock-out of a user account after a 5 consecutive failed login attempts.
- If a user has 5 consecutive failed login attempts then the user will be locked out.
- The user will be warned before they are locked out.
HOW CAN A PASSWORD BE RECOVERED?
Users can use the Recover Password link from the login screen. Then follow the instructions to unlock your account.
Then, the MMS will send the user an email for password recovery.
HOW TO UNLOCK A USER ACCOUNT?
From the MMS an admin can unlock a user by clicking on the ‘unlock’ icon. This unlock icon will only appear for locked users.
PASSWORD EXPIRATION NOTIFICATION AND REMINDERS
The MMS will prompt users to change their password three days before expiration. The MMS will notify users in two ways:
- Inside MMS popup dialog box.
- Via reminder email
FORCE PASSWORD CHANGE
This is also a configurable rule. Once configured, users will be prompted to change passwords upon their first MMS login before visiting and entering the MMS.
Maintaining a user password history is also a part of this realease. MMS stores the last five passwords for each user. When changing a user password, the user cannot use any of the five previously configured passwords. This feature will restrict users to not use the same password multiple times. If a user attempts to use a stored password, the system will prompt the user to choose a different password.