Exporting/Importing Settings From One Logger To Another
Unzip the RevImportExport Zip file to the Revcord Logger Desktop to be duplicated. There are two applications:
- RevExport - Used to export the settings from the older recorder
- RevImport - Used to import the exported (older recorder) settings to the new recorder
- Run the “RevExport” application as Admin.
- This creates a folder called “Backup”.
- It will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Once backup is done the application will automatically close.
- This application takes a backup of C:\\Disstech, Database, Registry and ShConfig (Synway) configuration files.
- Make a copy of the “Backup” folder. Be sure to copy the whole folder to the new system.
- Run the “RevImport” application as Admin.
- This will first take a backup of database in D:\DissTech\mssql folder.
- Next it will import the Backup data and will replace the database and settings.
- It will also replace configuration data.
- Configuration files (binaries) will not be imported. However, they are available for troubleshooting purposes.