Managing Buffering Errors
The error of having buffering when trying to playback a call can be attributed to one of three things:
- The WebUI Configuration must have the correct Revcord Recorder IP address to access the Server application from workstations. If it is incorrect, you will get the Buffering error.
- Firewall Is Blocking A Port – If the firewall has a required port blocked, you will get the buffering error locally and on a workstation.
- Virtual Memory - By default Windows has 1 to 2 GB of virtual memory setup. The Revcord Server side application uses Virtual memory for several services. When there are many remote workstations accessing many calls at the same time this error can happen.
WebUI Configuration Error
- Enter the RevConfig configuration program and on the Advanced Settings page, choose
- On the Web UI Configurations Settings Page, go to the Website Settings.
- Under the Web URL, you must enter http://IPADDRESS/Vrec/.
- The IP Address is the IP Address of the server.
- Then Save the settings.
On both the logger and client computers, the Windows and third-party firewalls should be disabled or configured to allow:
- TCP Ports: 80, 443, *554, 943, 1935, 2002, 4510, 4520, 4530, 8087, 8086, 8181, 8431,
8970, 9876, 10000 & 10999, and 10194.
- UDP Ports: 53, *554, 10000-20000
- *Port 554 TCP/UDP is required if and IP Cam is in use. This port will also need to be forwarded to the IP of the camera if it does not have a public IP.